.

.

Oct 30, 2013

Test Everything

In 1 Thessalonians 5, Paul gives a list of final instructions for the Thessalonians before he leaves. One of the most noteworthy instructions was when he said "test everything."

There was a time in my life not too long ago when I didn't really care about reasons behind what I thought was right. I had beliefs that I stood behind but I realized that if someone asked my why I believed them, I would have an embarrassingly weak response. 

The more you test beliefs, ideas, and people, the more opinionated you become. You begin to stand stronger in your beliefs or even change them, because you've begun to prove them. This also heightens discernment & your ability to call people's bluffs. You become smarter. You can tell the differences in beliefs between different people & you begin to understand their mind. When you understand someone's mind, you have infinitely more leverage in their life. 

God also uses you more. You've become more faithful in actively testify the truths that He taught you. 

Test the things you know for sure as well as the things you don't know. Test everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment