.

.

Aug 23, 2012

17 facts about my college life you probably don't want to know but i will tell you anyway.

1. i live on the 8th floor. there is always a line for the elevator. so i climb (family, don't be alarmed if my thighs have grown by the time you see me next).
2. my bed is in the corner of the dorm, outlooking two windows creating a nice panorama of Milwaukee. i get the breezes. i get the city sounds. i really like it. see? I'm here right now!
3. i live right in the middle of campus so i can walk anywhere without it being a total hassle. also- they serve good food. +1 marquette.
4. today i went to walgreens & spent just under $100.
5. i really like this new laptop.
6. i already text jesse telling him i miss him like crazy & have already told my mom everything that has happened.
7. i forgot some of the most essential things including: hangers (honestly i did not know i would have room to hang things... when i found this out i was very pleased... except that all the things i need to hang are currently in a big pile waiting for hangers & will most likely need to be ironed), my printer, my water bottle (so i bought a 12 pack of coke zero at walgreens to hold me over. jesse- I'm not ready to do that whole giving up soda thing yet), my planner, shorts, ibuprofen (sorry but thats essential. don't worry i bought a bottle of 1000 at walgreens. also they didn't check to make sure I'm 18. i am 18... do you have to be 18? i don't know.), ... I'm sure there's more. Maggie had a list. We left the house without my laptop yesterday which was pretty funny but i figured that out before we were out of my neighborhood.
8. i don't have my books yet.
9. Whenever i think about how hard my schedule is i just want to eat food & not think about it. (great start, hey?)
10. so far bugs don't like traveling up 8 stories either which kind of rocks since i hate bugs.
11. people here are really interested to know each other & be best friends which weirds me out sometimes. but sometimes its kind of fun.
12. i have cool roommates.
13. i realized last night I'm on my own now & will probably never live at home again for longer than a summer. this made me a little sad.
14. i know i already talked about food, but there are 4 (i think) marquette cafeterias (one of which is all italian food... i die) & approximately 8 billion other places to eat that are so satisfyingly close i can't even contain my joy. or maybe i can....
15. i condone visitors.
16. people at marquette REALLY like marquette.
17. i want to venture on the bus system but i am scared to go alone. however i desperately need to find a goodwill & purchase some dorm decorations. if you follow me on instagram (juliacullinan) you have learned that the room is very white.

hope you are all having a lovely day.

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. julia, i leave in five days...this made me feel very comforted and not feel so alone...thank you very much lady. i love you, sounds like fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 16. People at MU REALLY like MU --- warning, people who graduate MU LOVE MU even more :) This will be you in four years. Good luck Julia and WE ARE MARQUETTE! :)

    ReplyDelete